Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Results Are In!

While I still have a few days until the deadline, I realized that I'm not really going to get good opportunities to work on the song between now and then, so I might as well post it. It may not be perfect (I can say with certainty it's not), but it'll have to do. So, here it is:

The Law Did Rise

Creative Commons License

Well, there you have it. Yes, I wrote a zombie song. I can't say exactly why; I'm sure it came from a variety of influences. Yes, its plot also contains several holes (how a single zombie takes out an entire group of bandits and townspeople, I can't answer). This song is rough around the edges, but it has achieved its goal by getting my creative juices flowing, showing me where I need work, and forcing me to educate myself a bit more on the process of recording. Feel free to share your thoughts on how it turned out. And to all those who are sick and tired of zombies or feel that I have dishonored zombie lore, all I can say is I'm sorry and I will try not to let it happen again. No guarantees, though.

As I decide what's coming next (I already have a few ideas brewing, it's just a matter of picking one), I'll spend the next week or so sharing what went into creating this song, what tools I used, and what I learned as I took it from a rough sketch to an actual song.

1 comment:

  1. Ha!!! Totally awesome! A marshal named Brown, and a zombie to boot - who'da thunk it. This is the best song you've ever done!!

    I'll be putting this on My iPhone for sure.

    I took an entrepreneur course in business school, and the teacher asked how many people have ever had an idea for a book, or a song, or a great invention - everyone put up their hand. Then he asked how many people had ever written that book, that song, or developed that invention - no one had. His point; ideas are a dime a dozen, implementing an idea is the tough part.

    Congrats Marshal(l) Brown!

    JK

    ReplyDelete